As I discussed in previous post : How to Earn Links for Free so here it continues ....
Best Ways to Earn Links for FreeThere's a better (free) link building strategy to build links to the pages you're attempting to improve search engine rankings for. In attempting to get a Web page to rank, there are a few key factors to consider:
- Anchor Text - One of the most important things search engines take into account in ranking a page is the actual text a linking page uses to talk about your content. So if someone links to our washing machine manufacturer site with the text "latest washing machines", that will help us to rank highly for that keyword phrase, whereas if they had simply used text like "xyz company " to link to our site, we wouldn't enjoy the same ranking advantage for the phrase "latest washing machines".
- Quality of the Linking Page- Another factor taken into account is the quality of the page that is sending the link; search engines allow links from high-quality, trusted pages to count more in boosting rankings than questionable pages and sites.
- Page the Link is Aimed At- Many times, when people talk about your site they'll link to the home page. This makes it difficult for individual pages to achieve high rankings (because it's so difficult for them to generate their own link equity).
|Image Courtesy : Elite Strategies|
These are all elements we can't control in attempting to get other sites to link to us. We can, however, control all of these elements in linking to our own pages from our own content by.
- Determine what anchor text to use.
- Decide which page to point that anchor text at.
- Ensure that the quality and content of the linking page is high.
Building external links to your site is important, but in focusing more of your efforts on the optimization of these internal links you can build quality in-bound links with rich anchor text to the proper pages, which will provide you with an unparalleled ranking boost for free .